« The O-D survey we carry out every 5 years gives us a snapshot on one specific day, while Transport Analytics reconstructs O-Ds on a daily basis and allows us to continuously monitor what is happening on the network. » Anne Bernard, Chargée du suivi de l’offre, Syndicat Mobilités Touraine
The Origin-Destination Survey is a traditional method to know the journeys in a public transport network. It makes it possible to obtain a photograph of the flows and movements of users on a typical day. However, this method has operational and financial limits, and gives a partial and static view at a given time.
To complete a field survey carried out in 2021, the Syndicat des Mobilités de Touraine used Transport Analytics to measure O-D over all calendar periods of operation and took the opportunity to check the accuracy of its algorithms by comparing the two methods.
- 90% precision on O-D (comparison of a survey and Transport Analytics)
- O-D investigation costs ÷2 for our customers (ongoing evaluation)
- 3% reduction in operations costs observed on average among our customers
- Continuous analysis of travel flows
- Collection frequency, data granularity
- Interactive representation on charts and maps
- Testing and validation of the offer once implemented
- Modular capillarity: detailed and overview views